The Benefits of Hiding Your Dash Cam
Having a dash cam in your car has become increasingly popular over the years. It can provide valuable evidence in case of an accident, protect you from insurance fraud, and even capture interesting road trip footage. However, having a visible dash cam can also make your car a target for theft or vandalism. This is where hiding your dash cam comes in.
Hiding your dash cam can provide several benefits, including:
- Keeping your dash cam out of sight from potential thieves
- Maintaining a clean and uncluttered car interior
- Preventing distraction while driving
- Providing a stealthy way to capture footage
How to Hide Your Dash Cam
Now that you know the benefits of hiding your dash cam, let’s take a look at some ways to do it:
1. Mounting the Dash Cam Behind the Rearview Mirror
One of the easiest ways to hide your dash cam is to mount it behind your rearview mirror. This way, it won’t obstruct your view while driving, and it will be less visible to potential thieves. However, make sure that the mount is stable and won’t fall off while driving.
2. Tucking the Dash Cam Behind the Sun Visor
Another option is to tuck your dash cam behind the sun visor. This is a great option if you have a smaller dash cam or if you don’t use your sun visor often. Just make sure that the dash cam is secured in place and won’t fall out while driving.
3. Placing the Dash Cam in the Glove Box
If you want to keep your dash cam completely out of sight, you can place it in the glove box. This is a good option if you only use your dash cam for long road trips or if you don’t need to access it frequently. Just make sure that the dash cam is turned on and recording before you start driving.
Additional Tips for Hiding Your Dash Cam
Here are some additional tips to help you hide your dash cam:
- Use a long and discreet cable to hide the power cord
- Make sure that the dash cam is still able to capture a clear view of the road
- Keep the dash cam away from any airbags or other safety features
- Test the dash cam before hiding it to ensure that it’s working properly
Hiding your dash cam can provide several benefits, including keeping it out of sight from potential thieves and maintaining a clean car interior. By following these tips and tricks, you can easily hide your dash cam while still capturing valuable footage on the road.